Rice Cook Off Entry Form
1. Prepare your favorite rice dish in one of the three categories using a half-size aluminum steam pan:
- Meat & Rice
- Seafood & Rice
- Vegetable & Rice
2. Your prepared dish will be judged by a panel of judges. The judges will score your dish on a point system. The dish will be rated 1-5 on appearance, consistency and taste.
3. There will be first and second place winners of each of the three categories, thereby increasing your chance for a monetary award. First place will earn a $100 reward and second place will earn a $50 reward.
4. Your dish must be ready by 10:45 a.m. Judging begins at 11 a.m.
5. You must be willing to submit your recipe for the rice dish if you are chosen as a winner. All recipes will be shared in the RiceFest cook book, website and Facebook page.
6. You must available to serve your dish after judging is completed and tasting begins.
7. Deadline to apply is October 27, 2017. Register using the form below or submit a paper application at Riceboro City Hall. If you have any questions, call 912-884-2986.